Disclaimer : All efforts have been made to make this image accurate. However Compare Infobase Limited, its directors and employees do not own any responsibility for the correctness or authenticity of the same.
Mexico Airports include both international and domestic airports. There are 1,834 airports in Mexico. The Mexico City International Airport in the capital is the largest airport in Latin America.
At present, there are 1,834 airports in Mexico. Out of these airports, 233 airports had paved runways.
Thirty-five of these airports serve 97% of the passenger movement.
The biggest airport in Latin America is the Mexico City International Airport. It is also the 44th biggest airport in the world.
The seven biggest Mexico airports are as follows:
- Cancún International Airport
- Mexico City International Airport
- General Mariano Escobedo International Airport (Monterrey)
- Don Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla International Airport (Guadalajara)
- General Juan N. Álvarez International Airport (Acapulco)
- General Abelardo L. Rodríguez International Airport (Tijuana)
- Lic. Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport (Puerto Vallarta)
The country has a wide network of state-of-the-art airports all over it. Airport infrastructure of Mexico is the most developed in Latin America. All cities with population of over 500,000 residents have an airport. The country is home to the third biggest number of airports in the world.
All the Mexico Airports are privately operated, excluding the Mexico City International Airport. It carries approximately 26 million passengers annually.